Turrentine Brokerage is expanding. We are looking to hire and add to our grape brokerage team.
Turrentine Brokerage has been brokering grapes from independent growers to wineries, and brokering grapes and wines in bulk between wineries, since 1973. Turrentine Brokerage has sold more than a billion dollars of grapes and wine in the past decade. Drawing from this experience, the company is a leader in providing critically important strategic information to key players in the wine business. Turrentine Brokerage is currently looking for an experienced wine industry professional to add to our brokerage team. This is an excellent opportunity to be involved on the inside of the wine business with a growing dynamic company in a high-profile position.
The Grape Broker, under direction from the Vice President, will be in charge of managing Turrentine Brokerage’s relationships with assigned clients. The Grape Broker will need to keep accurate track of our clients current program needs, and also anticipate how current and future supplies could affect perceptions and market positions – thus providing customers with extraordinarily high level of service and insight. The successful candidate will be eager to go beyond the ordinary and expected. The Broker will contribute to a workplace community that enjoys delivering the industry standard of service to continue to build long term relationships.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s or a higher degree from a 4 year university and 5-10 years of experience in the business or the vineyard side of the wine industry. Specifically, the candidate must demonstrate:
• Impeccable professional customer service skills with the ability to demonstrate respect for a diverse workforce and public.
• Relationships with key personnel in the vineyard and winery side of the wine industry.
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Ability to respond to changing priorities and enjoy the challenge of meeting urgent client needs.
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Excellent English usage skills both verbally and written
• Experience making sales calls.
• A knowledge of or a demonstrated ability to learn, Microsoft Word, Office, Power Point, and Excel in a Windows 7 environment, as well as specialized computer programs that support data management work.
• Strong professional judgment to learn and accurately interpret rules, regulations, and processes.
Turrentine Brokerage offers a comprehensive and generous benefits package that includes:
Competitive base salary
Broker Distribution incentive
Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Participation in a self-directed 401(k) plan with an employer contribution
Life and Disability insurance
About Turrentine Brokerage:
Turrentine Brokerage, specializing in brokering the sales of grapes, wines in bulk, and strategic planning around supply cycles, has assembled the most experienced team of brokers in the business. The company now has nine brokers and 21 employees in total. Turrentine Brokerage is the leading broker of grapes and wines in bulk in the United States. Located in Novato, California, Turrentine Brokerage can be reached at (415) 209-9463.
Selection Procedure: Candidates must submit the following via email to Jacque@turrentinebrokerage.com.
1. One page cover letter expressing interest in the position
3. Three references
4. All resumes kept in strict confidence
PH: 415-209-9463 / FAX: 415-209-0079