Turrentine Weekly Harvest Update
2012: Turrentine Weekly Harvest Update Monday, August 27th
What’s happening in the vineyards as harvest progresses? The Turrentine Grape Team will be highlighting what they are hearing and seeing in the vineyards throughout California every week.
- Delta Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio and Pinot Noir look average plus
- Several new small lot grape listings, particularly in Foothills, limited interest at this time.
- Crunch time for the Interior! Reds coming on as whites are being picked.
- SLO: Temperatures dropped from triple digits last week to high 80s low 90s
- Ripening is moving quickly
- Chardonnay in warmer areas; 21 degrees Brix
- Syrah: Paso: ripening fairly quickly
- Most recent comments and observations from some Monterey Chardonnay are that yields looking to be average to average plus
- Still active demand and tight spot market for supply.
- Reds are coming along through veraison, berries are sizing
- Cluster counts in Sonoma are about average