- Why Us?
What’s happening in the vineyards as harvest progresses? The Turrentine Grape Team will be highlighting what they are hearing and seeing in the vineyards throughout California every week.
- Cabernet Sauvignon harvest is underway in Sonoma and Napa Valley with tonnages looking average to above average.
- Sauvignon Blanc is just finishing up and looks to be above average in all areas in the NC.
- Mendocino County Merlot picking above average
- The rain last week hasn’t caused any quality issues so far
- PN and CH in Sonoma County are 50% thru harvest; tonnage so far is above average yields
- OPPORTUNITY: Overage tons available in all areas of the NC, email for more information and specifics (Kelly@turrentinebrokerage.com)
- Weekend rain had no effect in the Northern Interior.
- Reds being harvested and yields are strong; quality standards are being strongly enforced.
Central Coast-Monterey County:
- Working through early varieties; Pinot Noir, Gewurztraminer, Riesling.
- Chardonnay next up within a week, hopefully(growers).
- Yields are strong for all varieties being harvested
San Luis Obispo + Santa Barbara
- A few light scattered showers, but it had no effect
- Cooler weather has slowed down the fast pace of maturity to a small degree, with the exception of Cabernet Sauvignon
- Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon harvest has begun and could potentially go full throttle in the next two weeks
- Paso Robles crop picking out a bit light